Sunday, March 26, 2006

modern poetry...

why do I fall in love with every woman I see who shows me the least bit of attention? - eternal sunshine of the spotless mind

There I go, attempting to swear off Romanticism, and then I do things like fall in love with a sideways glance in Borders and buy an anthology of poetry on a whim. [i am eternally grateful for pricetags that come off cleanly and easily]

San Diego was probably the best place possible for me to receive the news that Hillsdale will be home for two more years. It was far enough away from that place for me to think of it fondly, but not as painful as finding out my future in Portland with the people I love. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it's also easier to be distracted the longer you're away. [heartless truth?]

I knew there would be tears regardless. This is where God wants me. Now the plan is to thrive, not simply resign myself to a bland existence. And it's going to start with a conscious extra three weeks here. I'm staying for the first session of summer school to take an extremely rare analysis class on the modern short story. [what? hillsdale actually teaching something i'm dying to study? no way]

The Muse is back, washed back into my soul through the waves of the Pacific [romantic fool]. However, my modern American poetry anthology is more interesting at the moment.

No comments: