Friday, June 15, 2007

busy, but not smart...

It kind of feels weird posting without pictures. I'll probably put up more soon once I finish this weeks big project...the video room here at OM. Forget your boring Starbucks colored walls, this week I've been painting black and green screen! Anna's picking up the rest of the Ikea furniture today, so we should be in business for next week's grand show-off of the Creative Department's new space in the OM building.

While I'm waiting for my paint to dry [which is only slightly more entertaining than it sounds], I've been reading the news headlines. Every time I start to imagine that college has given my already-genius mind a boost towards intelligence, I read an article like this. I pretty much have no conception of what they're talking about: "If the Russian computers aren't fixed by the time Atlantis leaves, the station would have to use the gyroscopic control system in the U.S. segment to stay on track. But the more responsive Russian thruster system would be out of commission."

Seriously, a gyroscopic control system in the U.S. segment? That sounds like something "totally WICKED" [but really really made-up] from a fifties comic book. I totally wish I knew what that was all about, though. Maybe we can work out a powerpoint introduction to space filmed against the new green screen?

2 comments:

Aine said...

The upshot of the quote - as best I can tell - is that the Russian computers are better than ours, so Atlantis won't be able to use the full extent of its nifty gadgets while operating off U.S. junk.

More proof that we're not as awesome as we think we are.

Allison said...

ahhh hahaha