Monday, January 14, 2008

PSA...

I hate to lower my blogging standards with a topic like this, but it's been appearing so frequently that I have to say something. What the heck is up with people talking on their cell phones in the bathroom? As much as I eschew public restrooms, several recent visits have found myself listening to the conversations [which sound businesslike, i might add] of others.

As I prepare to head out into the grand world of Workplace Etiquette, oh-so-filled with new and exciting social rules, I obviously have much to learn. Mainly, when did it become cool to conduct business from the stall? Do these people think that their conversation partner can't hear them? Or that the call is too important to return in two minutes?
Or has the bathroom stall become another portable office in our transitory society?

Please advise. Just don't text/call/or comment from the commode, okay?

8 comments:

Lola Bacon said...

What part of the country (or world) are you in currently? You and Millie need to meet my baby child. And talk about the fact that I STILL have Bibo dreams.

Lola Bacon said...

Oh, and ON topic - I have to listen to my step daughter having phone conversations in the bathroom. Ick.

Allison said...

yeah! you know what's cool? i have a prof this semester who counts you absent if he sees you texting in class. or sleeping. pretty cool.

Steph Garvey said...

I'm sad we didn't get together once more before you left! Looking forward to graduation...

Steph Garvey said...

umm...and I just tagged you on my blog to be a part of the "wish list meme" because I know you have SO much time on your hands. ;-)

Allison said...

muahahahaa

hunter said...

sorry to call you out, but... a commode isn't a toilet. that's one of those things like 'supposebly' and 'i got nauseas' that bother me.

i believe a commode is basically a little chest that sometimes has a place for a chamber pot it in.

fyi of the day.

emelina said...

i swear i looked up because i thought it was something different, too. but check it out. one of the definitions definitely is "toilet." i stand by my usage.