Sunday, April 27, 2008

legal graffiti day...

We painted the Senior Sidewalk yesterday afternoon. There was plenty of space, so I left plenty of quotes and messages and memories. And then I kept a few paint pens, because I'm sure I'll have more to add.
How do you really sum up the four years that have changed your life? I mean, yeah, you learn plenty from 1-18, but 18-22? Infinite.I had a conversation earlier about the need to mourn the passing of this phase. None of us want to stay, but we don't want to leave, either. I think that's what I've been doing all weekend: mourning. It's necessary.

It will be weird to expand this life into something bigger than a ten minute walk across campus. We're all trying to figure out how to not let the goodbyes ruin the final weeks. Plus, it's easier to talk faux-osophically about transition than actually putting in the work on the final paper of my undergrad. In two weeks, I will be standing on nw soil: a college graduate, ready to see if all this actually works.
the night we met
i saw more stars
than i had ever seen before
my ears filled with
bluegrass laughter
and cigarettes
across the empty fields

No comments: