Sunday, April 09, 2006

wonderful weekend...

It's been another stellar weekend in the life of E-May Jr. [do you hate those 'this is what i did today posts?'] I worked tech all week [assistant stage manager] for the Tower Dancers Company, which means I got to sit and listen to awesome music every night this week while reading and watching my amazing friends dance.

After the performance on Friday, Mary and I baked a cake at the Statehouse and ate it while watching pointless movies. It was rather anticlimactic, because I fell asleep half an hour into movie numero dos. But relaxation and sleeping for ten hours is good for the soul and manic insanity induced by the lack of.

I made new friends thanks to the Office. Maybe these sororities are actually good for something.

Saturday night's perfomance went even better. I cannot describe the hilarity that happens when you're the only girl on headset with 3-4 insane crew guys every night. Since they were all up in the booth and I was backstage the whole time, they gave me a running commentary on the crowd. The hilight of my night was the "who's who" of Hillsdale College. If you ever need Red Carpet commentators, Entertainment News, I can suggest a couple.

We had the best cast party ever. Recipe for a good time: give two amazing choreographers control of a dance-off between insane boyfriends and crew members. Mary admitted that dance company members aren't very good a party dancing, but we tried anyway.

I renewed my love for playmobile thanks to Jonah [5]. He has a raised bed with a slide coming off of it, and admitted to me that sometimes he goes up the slide and down the ladder.

Today I shared brunch with cool people, then headed to Ann Arbor. I got a sweet new shirt [because hippie day is coming up soon!] and did homework at a real, live, honest to goodness Starbucks all afternoon. I sat out in the sun and listened to snippets of conversation and read Hemingway. I don't mind Hemingway, even though everyone else seems out to get him.

Since the Starbucks is on a major street, I got to see a lot of traffic. A boy pulled up in his annoying teen sports car and yelled, 'hey, what's up, you yuppies!' out the window. It totally made my day.

We ate Chinese food for dinner. My fortune cookie was promising: watch for a stranger near you to soon become a friend. Raise your hand if you want to analyze that there grammar.

On the way home tonight, the sky looked like this:
Image hosting by Photobucket

I am sad to report that we also caused the demise of a wild Pizza near Mauch Rd. All together, it was a pretty good weekend. Yup.

1 comment:

Aine said...

I haven't forgotten about you either. I'm still planning to come see you this summer.