Monday, June 05, 2006

books, books, books...

I celebrated my return to the land of promise with a smoothie downtown, love-time with Milicent, chatting with random people, choosing to walk rather than take the streetcar, making up short stories about images from public transit, and a trip to Powell's this evening.

Once again, my Powell's strategy is to run around like crazy, piling up everything I want, and then sort through all the books at the end and regretfully put most of them back. I even only brought a limited amount of cash with me so I wouldn't go too crazy. I own a new Wodehouse and a Larry Woiwode collection of short stories. [please read beyond the bedroom wall. i'm an expert on this story] I also got this wicked sweet gift for a friend called Everything I Ate. The guy took a picture of everything he ate for a year. [think how to lose a guy in 10 days and you'll get the joke]

My hands are covered with titles and authors to check out from the library. I might not have a job until next week; want to bet how many pages I can read until then?

1 comment:

Emma Rose said...

Hey! Finals are almost over and I'm still alive... surprisingly. Thought I'd check in, since it's been a while. Which Wodehouse?? Welcome home! :)