Monday, December 18, 2006

time is confused...

I've been home since Thursday afternoon [surprise!], yet still strangely unsure of what timezone I'm in. Maybe Christmas break is in its own, floating universe without a set timezone. So far, I've been waking up at around 8 am, but I'm tired long before 10 pm. Right now, a nasty battle with somethingerother [which i sincerely hope isn't the flu, but the fever, cough, headache, sudden symptoms, and muscle pain seems to suggest otherwise] has me awake since 4 am. I'm tired after only five hours, but not enough to sleep. I think the fact that I spent about 7 hours in bed yesterday might have something to do with it. [there are a lot of numbers in this post, have you noticed?]

School finished up normally well. I was sad not to have a gap day to goof off and catch up with people before we left for break. All of my finals were on the last three days, so I had just enough time to panic. They all went well except for Mythology [the last one], but that class was simply insane anyway. The professor was nearly an hour late to the exam, so he gave us a few extra points [on a section which didn't help me much, unfortunantly]. Maybe his 300 lb cat [named Zeus, naturally] will spill coffee on my exam again and he'll have to give me an a...there's a thought!

As much as we've all changed, it's good to have friends here at home. My sisters are graciously bringing me along to many of their social gatherings, so I'm spreading the charm and far from lonely. It's also good to see my family. I feel much more settled here than this summer; the separation is perhaps a little more defined.

Projects this break include: the ambitious book list, sorting through the remaining junk [debate trophies from 2001?] I have stashed in my room [now occupied by amygrace], house sitting, starting a knitting project, memorizing at least a couple more sections of Psalm 119, improving my swing dancing, finding a short-term job so I can afford europe for spring break, and entertaining the fabulous Mary Twist when she arrives for a couple of days in January.

Give me a call. I'm here til the 14th and cannot wait to spend time with you. As soon as I beat this illness, that is...

No comments: