Saturday, January 13, 2007

full speed ahead...

New year, new look! I'm still playing with colors and design elements, but I'm pretty happy with it. I like simple and I'm kind of on a kick of using cool blues with black and white photos [see wallpaper]. The red adds just a little warm emphasis.

I planned on writing a mildly emo post tomorrow morning in the airport, but the opportunity to ignore packing at the moment is irresistible. Well, that an the fact that my brother is playing the "lonely" song [with the chipmunks and the rapper] for the billionth time and I'm trying to find a distraction [in a completely unrelated note, cass and i talked about the words 'comfortability' and 'perfectable' in conversation yesterday. we are awesome].

if there's a plane or a bus leaving dallas,
i hope you're on it.
if there's a train moving fast down the tracks
i hope you caught it

Once I finally stop ignoring the fact that I'm leaving, I'm hit up the side of the emotions with excitement and dread. Once I'm back, I'll be fine, but it always hurts to leave. Spring semester goes so fast, though, and I'll be back dancing and coffee-ing and laughing with you in no time.

cause i swear, out there ain't where
you ought to be
so catch a ride or catch a cab
don't you know i miss you bad?
but don't you walk to me...

Aside from missing you, I am so excited about this new semester. I'll be taking five three credits, which changes the workload balance, though not my typical number of credits. I'm excited: Design I, Art History Medieval-Modern, Modern American Novel, Renaissance Brit Lit, and Modern Poetry 1910-1925. I'm looking forward to starting a structured Bible study again [hosea and irresistable pursuit] and spending more time with the girls on my hall. I'm packing a stack of books nearly two feet high. Sunday afternoons are definitely going to be reading and art time.

baby, run.
cut a path across the blue sky
straight in a straight line
you can't get here fast enough
i need you in a rush
so baby, run.

[run - george strait]


Last semester's theme seemed to be an abundant life in Christ. It's nice that lessons and verses and challenges come in waves of similar consistancy. Spring semester 2007 is about pursuit: God's endless corporate pursuit of His children, Christ's relentless personal pursuit of me, and my own [resulting] pursuit of passionate excellence and His glory.

If that's not worth running towards, I don't know what is.
On that note, I think I'll start with my suitcase.

1 comment:

Allison said...

awesome awesome. sounds good.