Sunday, January 14, 2007

travel bug...

With "Part of Your World" from Little Mermaid, [a movie I haven't actually seen in ten-ish years] obdurately looping in my head, I'm headed for Hillsdale.

The airport is relatively average, maybe a little on the quiet side today. I guess everyone did their traveling for the holidays. Then again, even without the Winter Weather Advisery, Detroit probably is not one of the top destinations this time of year...

I am so awesome at packing, I could probably do it for a living. Maybe just like as a travel consultant, though, not like a mover. Although I'm pretty good at that, too. My small bag weighs 45 pounds and the larger one hit 50.5. No, I do not have too many pairs of shoes. Thanks for suggesting that, though.

I had a box set out just in case I needed an extra [southwest still lets you take three], but any box left sitting in my house longer than a few minutes is quickly claimed by my cat. Though most members of my family have outgrown the ability to combine imagination and cardboard [cardbird?] into an entire entertainment center, Yankee became protective of his new aquisition. Based on his other actions, I'd also offer the idea that he thought he might finally be able to trap and subdue his tail. It's pretty funny to watch your cat spinning in circles inside a box only slightly bigger than himself. Fortunantly for all parties [particularly fingers and toes], I didn't require the box.

Maybe I'll switch careers and record airport voice announcements for a living [i've heard them often enough]

Well, the call sounds, the mad rush begins, and I'm off...

2 comments:

Emma Rose said...

I really like these colors.

Emma Rose said...

and this format.