Sunday, September 30, 2007

addition by subtraction...

I am alive and well and thriving. The trees are changing color, but the days are still beautiful. It's just over two weeks til Fall Break in Northern MI. I'm down to one class on MWF and two on TTh, so I have plenty of time to work and read and enjoy people and watch foreign movies and work out. But, apparently, I don't have enough time to blog. Basically, I'm just sick of the Internet right now.

I think about a lot of things, but I'd rather talk about them with people in real life. I'm especially into Flannery O'Connor and the importance of Incarnation and Art. I love where I live [and who i live with], where I go to church [and what we're studying], and I love The Office [episodes are now on nbc.com]. Hillsdale is challenging. Education is amazing. Life is good. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing after school, but I have a lot of ideas. It's kind of fun and a little scary to have my future this wide open, but I know that ultimately, someone much more capable holds my future in His hands.

I'm also happy to announce a new addition to my life:

My 20gb 4th generation ipod ceased to function sometime last winter. But now, thanks to key bank, I have a brand new 4gb 3rd generation video ipod nano. In keeping with the Greek theme, I've named her Iphigenia. Naturally, she's going by Ginny. Iphigenia was the daughter Agamemnon sacrificed to Artemis on the way to Troy. Like a good personality test, I'm not exactly sure what it means, but I'm sure it's something. Plus, I am still pretty into HP and "Ginny the Mini ipod" had a nice ring to it. And no, I don't bring her to the pool.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Sigh. Your life sounds fabulous.
btw i'm not sure about the birthday pics... i was wondering that, too. i am pretty sure it was your mom or betsy's camera.