Wednesday, October 24, 2007

mostly for milicent...

I took a few shots when Xt and I were walking around Ann Arbor. Sadly, we didn't arrive in time to do much roaming before the show, but more trips are always being planned with various friends. It truly is invigorating to be in a city again. I have come to enjoy the quiet community of a small town/campus, but I get this crazy rush when I hit AA, Lansing, Toledo...I know, not exactly the top on your list of inspiring American cities, but pretty good after Hillsdale. I like that AA is really artsy and college-y. It makes me wonder what type of person I would be if I had gone to a funky huge public university rather than a preppy private school. I don't think I would have developed like this or been able to appreciate weird art as much if I was around it all the time. I've learned to appreciate both worlds. But anyway, here are a few shots from the center of AA, just off the U of Michigan campus.

The Maynard parking garage. Somehow, I never get a discount, though.

Giant ants on the wall of an alley.

I'm so sad that this place was closed. It looks sweet. And it's all about my favorite color.

Wheatgrass = art. I'm a fan.

2 comments:

Allison said...

so rad.
and the wheatgrass art? freakin awesome. ahhaha!

Lola Bacon said...

Sometimes I feel jealous of all the fun adventures you talk about. Then I snuggle up my little boy in my cozy house, and I'm totally content again.