Wednesday, December 05, 2007

now i'm all emo...

As I sit in Kendall 231 writing a short paper for my art final and listening obsessively to my new Kate Nash cd, my mind wanders over my day. Within one day, there is so much history and depth and connection. Conversations and considerations, public and private. I think too much [like a puppy, right hol?], but I can't help it.

Art, music, fiction, truth, having, abstraction, worship creativity, friendship, patience, love, contentment, moving, sin, learning, disappointment, dreams, losing, grace, strength, weakness, waiting, color, knowledge, humor, evangelism, heart, tradition, subtlety, sculpture, wonder... Words have far more meaning than we realize.

God created me with this mind and put an eternal question mark on my heart. I don't have to have all the answers, but I have to feed these questions.

All these puzzle pieces fit together, but I have no idea what the picture actually looks like. The more I know, the more I want to learn.

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. [phil 3:14]

I am satisfied in the Pursuit.

2 comments:

holly darling smith said...

You are a great thinker, Em. Do you realize what an amazing advantage you have because you know Christ BUT are a thinker? Imagine living your life with that eternal question mark engraved on your soul- but living your life adverse to the real Truth. Nothing would ever be able to quench your thirst, nothing could satisfy your queries and nothing would ever be answered! Without Christ-- there are no answers.

Seek and you will find, Em, if you seek with all your heart. And I *know* you do! I jotted your 'puppy' quote down in my journal, so I wouldn't forget it. :)

Allison said...

Thanks for the post!
I, too, love how learning inspires learning, questions inspire questions, and God inspires of a love for knowledge of Him.

ps. Your last quote totally made me think of those super well done Cadillac commercials (the ones that say "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit".