Friday, May 23, 2008

dear diary...

Dear Readers,

I haven't been updating because I've spent the last two weeks sorting through closets, unpacking suitcases, packing boxes, repacking suitcases, and spending time with family and dear friends. I'm headed off for Memorial Weekend Adventures, but I thought I'd leave you with a near priceless discovery: pages from my diary - 1993.

You may notice several things from these pages:
1. I am a horrible speller. I try to hide it, but I have made only slight improvements since age 8.
2. I am a blatant liar. The first entry about my sister is entirely false.
3. I like to write names really fancy, even to the point of throwing them in the middle of entirely unrelated sentences.
4. There is a 'make your own calender' feature of this journal. I made several months into July so I could record which day of the week Allie's birthday [17th] and my birthday [27th] fell on. Apparently, July is the only month that mattered in 1992 and 1993. Good to know.

Emilys Driary 3/23/93
Mysister Betsy Loves sharks

Dear Diary, 3/23/93
I Just LOVE Spring BraKe and I am aBout reaDy For Summer. Will I got to go see you Nexxttime. Betsy
Emily

Dear Diary, 10/20/93
I am on a plane right now going to Kansas City. I am with my grandperantes. I will ride a horse, go over W.B. With IdIa Ruth. I gotta go bye Emily

Man, I lead an exciting life.

1 comment:

hunter said...

those are great journal entries, i wish i had written more when i was younger so that i could be entertained as an old person.

i used your quote, i'm pretty sure you noticed that.

i got some piano books, i want to go play tonight but i am deathly tired and my room is in the worst state it has ever been in.

and. i am negatively poor at the moment so i'm trying to not go anyplace other than work.