Thursday, May 04, 2006

a lack of excuses...

The creative energy has completely drained from my body, as you can tell. I did a little collage work the other night, but that's about it.

My intellectual [ha] energy has been put to the test lately, though, and I ain't just talking about those finals. [two down] I'll reveal the newest thought-blog once my co-author and I get a little more work done. I feel kind of like the girl from Mean Girls, who says "Sometimes I wish I could make a cake out of rainbows and sunshine and we could all eat it and be happy." I have a lot of feelings, but hopefully this blog will be more than that.

The world is slowly turning and yet, I'm stationary in Hillsdale. Unlike all the other kids, I'm not going to be home in a week. But in twenty-nine fast ones, I'll be three credits and two thousand miles closer to home.

It's so strange to be halfway done with school. I feel like I'm a completely different person from when I started, but so much about me is the same. I still get irritated by small things, have bad habits, don't floss my teeth enough, and definitely still miss Portland and my family.

But life is constant movement. The more I study dance, the more I realize just how much it represents life. A painting is stationary and in a sense, eternal. Dance is momentary and dynamic. You experience it, then it's gone.

My Summer Reading list is ridiculously long. Who wants to hit up Powell's with me first thing?

I just realized that I'll be missing the June First Thursday by two days. So sad!

Until then, keep dancing.

2 comments:

Allison said...

i had a dream that you updated your blog. and you did! haha!

Lola Bacon said...

I had a dream that you were bulemic. I hope THAT one doesn't come true.