Tuesday, November 06, 2007

freak out...

Oh my gosh, what does one actually do with a Liberal Arts education? And why does everyone who is anyone at Hillsdale act like that's a blasphemous question and then smile and say "oh, you can get any job." What can one actually do with a BA in English?
Help!
I don't want much, really. I just want a job that I don't hate that maybe is working as the office manager/organizer/hard worker/occasional creative input girl for a small business in the portland area where I can read books over lunch and go home in the evenings to a little bedroom and stove and maybe a cat or a friend and make just enough money not to have to live on my mom's couch from now til grad school.
Somehow, Monster.com isn't really computing that into any viable options.

No comments: