Sunday, June 26, 2005

sad news on a lovely sunday...

I regret to inform you that Sylvester has finally, after all these years, gotten Tweety.
And he left him on my back porch.

And when I decided to ignore the horrific and brutal scene [i had been engaged in a light sunday afternoon brunch when i first noted the situation], it naturally started to rain.

I used to believe I was a strong, capable woman. However, in desperate situations, one's true character often regretfully proves shockingly weak.

[hey! it was gross and soggy!]

As a girl home alone, I found myself in desperate need for a male friend who would be better suited to the task. Alas, no magical instant boyfriend genie appeared out of the teapot. There appeared to be no course of action but to take care of the situation myself.

And then, thanks to the fortifying words of a friend, I managed to cover the lifeless "present" from my villianous feline The Yankster with a newspaper, roll him in the burial funny papers, and deposit him in the trash can crypt.

I think that's very decent, don't you? And I think I deserve a prize for my amazing display of self-sufficency. [like li'l brudder, she cries, 'i can make it on my own!']

I think today would be a lovely day for drinking hot coffee and jumping in a park fountain.
Don't you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

alas, how many times have i depended on the magical instant boyfriend genie to appear out of the teapot ... and again, alas, how many times have i been disappointed?

*sigh* back to the pretend JCrew model boyfriend. we have a date with Batman! *yes*

Lola Bacon said...

can I just gloat for a minute? I totally have an instant fiancee genie that opens my jars, reaches things off of high shelves, takes the trash to the curb. Seriously. I can't wait to be married.