Tuesday, August 30, 2005

competing dreams...

[keeping up with mili and rose]

Last night I dreamed that I was at the zoo...

There was something about an escaped alligator chasing me, but I escaped. And then some horrible lady [who looked strangly like a larger version of dr holmes!] got locked in the cage with the alligator, and I didn't even feel bad.


And while I was there with people from school [though not really any of my friends] and a couple of my sisters, I was offered a job writing for my school newspaper. It paid really well. [far to well to be true, i'm sure] But it would require a lot of time and deadlines. I thought about it for a long time in my dream, planning the pros and cons [robotic, i know...] and figuring out if I actually had the talent to write the Opinion column and edit Letters.

I was lying in bed, half awake this morning, thinking about the job offer. I was like "gosh, i should probably pray about this." and then I realized that it was a dream. I wasn't really offered that job. So I can actually stop worrying about it, right? Good.

And then my phone rang and I wondered for a moment whether I was still dreaming...I was honestly half expecting to hear a dialtone when I answered it. But at least that was real.

i could hear your smile
before you even said a word

4 comments:

Emma Rose said...

Here's what I learned in Louisiana: if you ever *are* chased by an alligator, run to the side. Apparently, they can't turn very well. So, if you run away in a straight line, they'll catch you. But if you run in zigzags, they're supposed to give up. Just FYI, in case you ever need it. :)

Lola Bacon said...

I was going to type some attempt at a funny comment about such an amusing dream, until I read that comment, and remembered my three alligator dreams, and a conversation I had about them, and what I think it all means, and that comment in that perspective...

why does God speak to us in such bizzare ways?

Pete and Julie said...

Hey girl. Wow what a dream;) Oh, and yup I'll be around in October. Let me know when and I'd love to hang with you if I can.

Later;)

Jules

Emma Rose said...

Nothing whatsoever to do with alligators, but: GAP actually has cute khakis right now. Check out the "modern fit" pair.