Wednesday, August 24, 2005

wordly reinventions...

whew.

That took a lot longer that I was hoping.

Fortunantly, dear faithful Penelope is back in my posession, and appears to be doing well. I have a strange suspicion that if I had simply cared for her myself instead of shipping her off to the wild untamed lands of ITS, she would have been cured just as quickly. But, what's done is done and she has forgiven me completely. For the moment, at least.

And so, I may now entertain [bore] you all with something which I have been very excited to present:

that which happens to be magnetically attached to my fridge [part 1a].
[please note that my lowbrow definition of genius has no comparison to the words of miss emma "peel"]

under the heading Silhouette Impression Studios you find phrases full of meaning. such as

observe, her monument
in harmony.

imagine the glorious expirament
of every original canvas...

capture fashion,
investigate music,
perform color,
...and write soon.

[and my personal favorite, so full of genuine meaning (and punctuation!) for me and perhaps mystery for some of you]

me,
he.
my...
if?

Despite the slightly unexpected additional challenges of this semester's two thousand miles, I'm glad to be here. Yes, kids, it's somehow oh, so very good to be back.

2 comments:

Gretchen Louise said...

I love the last one. :)

I pray the additional and unexpected challenges prove only to be a blessing... :)

Welcome back to school.

HUGS.

Emma Rose said...

Yay! Posts from Emily. I've missed you. Isn't fridge poetry wonderful? I'm so sad my parents bought a non-magnetic fridge, even if it does look fancy.