Thursday, November 10, 2005

my city, my town...

Allison just posted about Portlandia.

I thought I would let you all know the news from Hillsdale: an 18 year old high school senior just got elected Mayor. I've heard of this happening in a tiny town of a hundred people, but the Dale is home to a proud nine thousand. And this kid was a write-in, because he wasn't 18 when before the ballot deadline. Of course, not a lot of people voted.

He won by two votes in the final count. And they said your vote doesn't matter...


My townie roomie knows him from high school and claims that he's always been super political. It's not like the position of Hillsdale Mayor is much more than a figurehead, but still...

He was on CNN and Letterman already. And Goodmorning America is tomorrow.

I think I'll just stick to the Student Fed elections, thanks.

[maybe i should get his help on the campaign, though]

No comments: