Monday, November 08, 2004

ganbatte...

translation: fight the good fight. atta girl. er, whatever. - A.

I'm doing all I can. Let's just say it's been a difficult week. Therefore, my blog has been lacking anything of quality. Creative genius is difficult to pull off when all your energy is being funneled into 'not-crying.' Yeah, I know that some say extremes produce genius. Well, not with me. At least, not with this extreme.

5 more weeks, kids. 5 more weeks.

in this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ. - 1 peter 1:6-7

He is incredibly faithful when I am faithless.

He knows my needs and my desires.

You won't give me something that
gives me more pleasure than You

*On Friday, my history class was cancelled, which gave me exactly the amount of time I needed to finish my cca paper and english homework.

*Instead of playing like usual, all Gabriel wanted to do was cuddle. If you're having a bad day [week], try having a two-year old angel fall asleep in your arms, and just snuggle and sing to him for two hours. two hours. of cuddling. from a little guy who is usually running wild.

*Random friends (new and old) showed up at my door at 11 pm on Saturday, just to hang out. There was much mimicking and arb-entering and scattering. And Lissa's ghost even made an appearance.

*this one will have to wait. let's just say it hopefully involves getting the bleep out of here as fast as i can. but not eloping.

*I managed to have several lovely catchup conversations with some of my dearest buddies. Much love. And for those of you that I didn't talk to this weekend...you know my number.

*Two words: Northern. Lights. It's not every weekend that a lifelong dream is fulfilled. Honestly, I hadn't expected them to be so...well...energetic. Mostly white light, no real colors. But it's jumping and twirling across the sky like nothing I've [you've] ever seen before.

I long for a different pace, different faces, and a different place, but until then...

may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. - psalm 19:14

pressing on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me too, Emily. (pressing on, that is.) thanks for coming to me party last night...i'm really glad you came. :)
and the northern lights were amazing last night! it was a great end to my birt-day.
love, talithia.....:)

Anonymous said...

The aurora was very beautiful. It was nice to see it up here at Michigan Tech where it is so magnificent. I understand how you feel. I'm like that here too (except without the lil boy to play with). I have groups that leave me with all of the work (on final projects no less) and professors who pop exams on us. Not exactly fun. But you move on. The week ends and you get (if you are lucky) a little time to relax. So don't worry, be happy. Doo doo do do do do doooooo.

-Lackey