Tuesday, May 17, 2005

homegirl...

say you'll love me every waking moment
turn my head with talk of summertime

I raise my glass in celebration of being home. for three months. until August 10th. at my house. in Portland. two blocks from Starbucks and the library. [did i mention that i'm home? in portland]

I slept in my own bed last night in a desperate attempt to remove the permanent dark circles underneath my sparkling blue eyes. I think I will take a nap in a couple of hours. [after i take a run to attempt to remove the extra finals-week emily. blech]

For those of you accusing me of slacking because I don't have a job yet, I'll ask what you think about unpacking all of my stuff this morning...

say you'll need me with you now and always
promise me that all you say is true

This summer is the longest homestretch I've had since September 2003. And I'm planning on filling it full of things that I want to do. Just because I want to do them. And spend time with people that I want to know better. And love Jesus more. And love life. [i think those last two go together, btw, but that's another post]

I think when I have a better list, I'll post it, just so you can admire my silliness. But I started it last night by doing a couple funny things at the airport...

I have energy. I can't stop laughing at the little things. I have to stop to smell every flower and drink in every little beauty. And I have a crooked half smile on my face that won't go away


Also, my cd player died on the plane yesterday. I need to take a vote: is it time for Emelina to join the world of ipodism?

love me, that's all i ask of you

4 comments:

Allison said...

Emilina.... You make me happy. You make Portland sound so great. I mean, the fact that it is great is imensly helpful in the 'oh crap i have to go back to the states' problem. Don't get a job or anything, k? Cuz I want to hang out w/ you ALL THE TIME :D We have some major movie dates in line...

Aine said...

iPods are GREAT and you should name it Stane...

(but don't get a mini, they're a waste of money cuz they're too small)

Gretchen Louise said...

Welcome home!! We ordered the rain just for you. :)

Emma Rose said...

Welcome Back, my fellow blogger! It is good to know that Portland is once again harboring someone else who loves P.G. Wodehouse, Narnia, NW Rain, and this lovely little city that we call our home. Now I don't feel quite so alone. :)