Monday, May 23, 2005

monday's question...

"Wait, are you married?"
"Huh?" The question took a minute to register. It's not one I'm used to hearing. That's the beauty of having a different job every week and dressing like a mod professional...nobody has any idea how young you are.
"Eye candy in the lobby," explained one of my older co-workers.
"Huh?" I said again, obviously missing the picture.
"A group of Marines," she persisted.
"Oh. Right. Thanks." What else was I suppose to say? I guess I've never been very good at checking boys out. [ha. comes from being homeschooled and then going to hillsdale *wink*]
A couple of the other ladies walked in just then. "Too short for me."
The other one nodded. "Height standards. I know."
I just kind of rolled my eyes.

And then I had to run an errand a little while later...
They were all too old for me, I decided.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey can we help it if all Marines are good looking? But seriously it must be weird to suddenly be assumed as a stereotypical female.

Aine said...

*sigh*....

Right, we have to learn how to check out guys on our own time now...

(Marines? We don' need no stinkin' Marines.)

Anonymous said...

so is that how to attract girls? i have to join the marines?

g

emelina said...

big g, my friend, if you were a marine, you'd be unstoppable. ;-)
and since when do YOU need help attracting girls? i thought you needed help beating them off...

do you own the hotel yet?