Thursday, May 05, 2005

no more teaspoons...

And now, faithful readers, for you [my] finals week distraction, may I present:

Class Quotes. [spring 05 ed.] catagorized in my notebook margins.

American Heritage [dr stewart]

-No, I will not give up my swamp! - Jen
-Monday I was on heroin, and now you're telling me I'm smoking opium? I need help! - Em
-If you would be my punk rock princess, I could be your garage band king -overseen
-Yeah! Let's attack Canada! - Dr Stewart
-Crapily - unknown
-Cooking in a campfire on a wood floor probably wasn't a very good idea. - Dr Stewart
-There. That's everything you need to know about American history. - Dr Stewart

Understanding Music [the rath]

-I'm falsehooding again! - Joeleo
-You now have the great secret of all disco...kick the back beat. - Dr Rath
-But I think Bach would have laid the smackdown on both of them! - Dr Rath
-I'd like to ask, "Beethoven, what are you up to?" - Dr Rath
-What happened then? Waterloo, baby! - Dr Rath
-He looks like Where's Waldo. - Em
-This class makes me sneeze. - Em
-He's like...C-3PO. - Johnny
-Berg's melodies are more sneezable...er, singable. - Dr Rathmell
-But, buy a toothbrush, please. - Dr Rathmell
-We'll just add a bunch of umlauts...and look! A Swedish 'g'!! - Dr Rathmell [going crazy during his last Hillsdale class ever. sad]
-But, buy a toothbrush, please. - Dr Rathmell

Great Books II [dr freeh]

-It's not evil, just stupid. Although I guess evil is kind stupid... - Dr Freeh
-But I like my whiskey straight. - Dr Freeh
-Worldwide starlets get much boys - Em
-He was actually whistling during the class? - Em

Greek II [prof garnjobst]

-Wow, I think I was just unsheltered just a little bit more - Carla
-Like, dude, I know the Cracken was in there! - Prof. G.
-Nothing like the stench of a dead woodchuck under the porch... - Ethan
-Are they fighting? In class? - Trish
-That's too good to be untruth - Ethan
-I'm just a wheel in the cog of life! - Prof. G.
-Can you believe it? Two symbolisms in one play? - unknown
-Next we have 'Poetry Gone Mad.' - Prof. G.
-Yeah, he probably wore a tie-dyed tunic. - unknown
-I kind of liked the naked men in the market sentence... - Carla
-Do you think Buster wants to draw a mermaid, Jake? - Trish
-Edumacation. It isn't just for breakfast anymore. - unknown
-Every Sara I have ever met is short and hyper. - Seth
-Just snake it, Jake. - Prof. G.
-Thoughts are mirrored in your eyes. Keep them beautiful. - the ultimate fortune cookie pickup line
-Hey, Baby, how about we try going from the first person singular to the first person plural... - the ultimate classics pickup line
-Our band could be called 'Proposition Yap,' and we could play Swedish Death Metal! Our first single would definitely be 'Five Tooth Mama.' The front cover would feature the band members carrying rocks to the road...

Roaring Twenties [dr stewart]

-Well, in the name of world peace, hi! - unknown
-Um, is it just me, or is asparagus actually green? - Em
-Yes, Al Capone really killed King Tut. - Dr Stewart
-Why do they care? Because dead people are sexy! - Dr Stewart
-Um, do you realize you've used the word sexy as an adjective at least 6 times in the past 30 minutes? - Student
-Matt Gaetano has corrupted me! - Dr Stewart

good semester, kids. good semester.
[you know it's finals week when you stop measuring out the coffee and just start dumping it straight from the bag...]

No comments: