Monday, May 02, 2005

in kresge...

[previously]

You know how you just wish some songs would go on forever?

All my life, I've heard songs like this. There have been days [and nights] that I wished would continue forever. Camp, fellowship, prayer, Trip of a Lifetime...I want it to continue. But we move on. We grow up. We change. And the beautiful moments fade into beautiful memories.

They tell me that if I got my wish, I would all to soon become dissatisfied. I would get bored with the things, the people, the places that make me happy. They might be right, but I have a hard time imagining how just one moment more would hurt...

one more day, one more time
one more sunset, maybe i'd be satisfied
but then again
i know what it would do
leave me wishing still
for one more day with you

Times like these change you. They make you who you will be tomorrow.

Right now, it's 2:30 AM and I'm in Kresge with Big Joel, Andy, and Rick. We're listening to the Kingston Trio and Johnny Cash.
"Crap, this is the last one. Really it is. I need to leave."
A's playing air guitar and saying how he doesn't want school to end. He doesn't want to leave these people or this place. It doesn't ever get any easier.

I'm just kind of realizing how hard graduation is going to be. These people have invested four years of their lives with eachother. And I've been able to share one year of it. The campus will seem empty next August, Seniors.

They say all good things must end. I despise that phrase. It does nothing to comfort or make moving-on any easier.

I think it's one more reason for me to look forward to Heaven. The moments that have captured my heart here on Earth will dissolve in the awesomeness of that new life.

Here's looking towards that time when the good things never end...

1 comment:

Allison said...

and a hearty Amen!!! from austria.