Friday, July 08, 2005

first [best] thursday...

Allison and I have been planning to hit a First Thursday in the Pearl for almost a year. Sometimes waiting for Christmas Day is better than the day after, but other years the day lives on for weeks, still bringing excitement and joy. Today is the December 26th after one of the best Thursdays of my life. [i know, i keep saying that. but my life keeps getting better]

It was the perfect evening. Lovely temperature, cute hair, yummy food, adorable 'funky hot' clothing, perfect company. Everyone was friendly and happy and smiling. I love seeing people enjoying art and beauty in this world.

Mili said it best when she reminded me that we develop our talents and dreams when we're close to God. Sing, dance, draw, paint, sculpt, design, photograph, and write for Jesus, and your art will flourish.

I loved how friendly people were. We were taking artsy pictures, and people walking past talked to us, made suggestions, offered to help, or just wanted to admire. I like living in a little big city.

I get happy shivers thinking about the feelings of last night. I was at times slightly overwhelmed. There were too many interesting people to watch, too many conversations to catch phrases from, too many colors and textures and events. [the guy juggling the flaming sticks didn't light his pants on fire this time, but i guess there's always august, right?]

Wanna see what you missed?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
bridge over dusk
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
lebanon, mostly eaten
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
circle of colors [can you find us for an extra ten points?]
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
peaceful milicent [new bangs]
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
literary emelina [curls]
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
atlas holds the world
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
zeus creates the world
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
live art

i'm a moth lost in a fire
and i know this is
just a beautiful illusion

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! looks like a blast :-) I love the city! laters - Heidi

Aine said...

I'm jealous - wish I could have been there. But just wait for my pics from England!!

p.s. a certain handsome young duck will be accompanying me...

Anonymous said...

clothes which mostly *I* loaned you....

sista

abz