Saturday, July 16, 2005

hellllooooo, nurse...

We regret to inform you that Portland's most adorable cycle commuter spent some quality time with the asphalt, tangled with her vehicle of choice on Friday afternoon. In order to avoid spending less-quality time with one of them modern automobiles.

No broken bones, just scrapes, bruises, strains, and pains. And the exhaustion that comes with the shock and healing process. [yes, i was wearing a helmet]

Updates will come later. I didn't cry, but I was shaking and pretty close because of the shock.

And thanks to the friend who kept me from being alone and listened to me talk shocked nonsense into my cell phone until my mom arrived. As a consolation, you...uhhhhh, win the "knight in shining armor" award for Friday, I guess.

As for the rest of you, roses [in the dozens] may be sent to the usual address.

3 comments:

Emma Rose said...

Much sympathy to a brave cyclist! I am so sorry to hear that. Feel better soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sad to hear of your cycling incident, Meem; I hope you are feeling better soon, and plan to return your call very very soon. Missing you with all my heart,
-wendy

Lola Bacon said...

Emelina!!! No.... I am so sorry. I got smashed by a car while I was on a bike. Ouch. Many sympathies.