Sunday, July 17, 2005

sunday, the seventeenth...

Happy birthday, Mili.
Happy blogday, Blog.

one year ago today...


*begin postback*

a quest for a name...

While questing for the highly elusive 'perfectly descriptive, yet creative name for my blog,' I plugged many a 'word that I wish described me' into the depths of dictionary.com's master thesaurus.

Artistic - blah blah blah, so it's not really me, but I'd like to be
i'm getting there.
Creative - occasionally, but as of late I have been strongly lacking in inspiration [as can be evidenced by the plethora of half-paragraphs scrawled in lazily in my notebook]
the posts are in my head, but i can't get the out on the page
Elegant - darn it, the registrar didn't give me a ballet class for fall semester
i'm dancing 5 days a week this coming fall
Rare - okay, so I like to think that I'm pretty unique, and a few of the synonyms were actually promising. especially...

::Recherche - uncommon, rare, exquisite, choice. sought out with care, hence of rare quality, elegance, or attractiveness [of course, it also implies overrefined, forced, pretentious, and overblown, but hey, nobody's perfect]::

Unfortunantely, someone else had plagerized my idea for this beautiful French word! *shock* darn people. However, in true English major form, the word was altered just enough to get the url.

Now, if I could just learn how to pronounce it...
i know now, thanks to one l. childs.
*end postback*

Here's to another great year [to both of you]
'mmm, it's so cute, i want to eaaaat it!'
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
mili, michael, tracy, e-may, whipple, and alyssa
living it up on Hawthorne street

No comments: