Saturday, September 17, 2005

i ain't no quitter...

Don't settle for anything less than the best. His best.

It might not look exactly as you've pictured it in your small imagination, but it will be obviously the best. Don't excuse, don't deny, don't argue. Accept only the best.

I once told you that love would conquer death
but that it wouldn't look like love;
do you remember?

I have too much riding on you.
remember me.


I'm not trying to be cryptic, guys. I have nothing to hide. I'm not having to settle. But at the same time, I never want to. And with Him, I'll never have to.

This was the boy he'd met on top of the cliffs so long ago, the boy who could sing new worlds into existence. Who could turn the planet inside out, or split the globe in two for a day of play. Who could fill a lake that never ended with water so powerful that a single drop could undo any man or woman.
-black, red,
and white by Ted Dekker

Neither will you.

1 comment:

Josh said...

mmm... good author. I've read Blink and Black. I need to finish the other two in that trilogy