Wednesday, September 28, 2005

sickly thoughts...

Do you suppose that part of the fun of being ill is having an important sounding name to identify your symptoms? Not just sick. But sick with a name. That never happens to me. Like, I can probably count on two fingers the number of times in my life I have been name sick. [unless a sprained ankle counts]

Don't you think that it's better to be able to say, "i have bronchitis" or "if i had waited much longer to go the doctor, i would have pneumonia right now," than to just say "i'm sick?"

I encourage all of my deep-in-the-depths-of-homework-and-illness pals to make up a name for your sickness, because you'll probably get more sympathy. [do you think i can blame these spaz thoughts on my drugs?]

And, [i never thought i'd be saying this...my general philsophy is that going to the doctor is the same thing as an admission of weakness and should not be tolerated] you should probably go to the doctor...

[a couple of days of antibiotics ought to cure this up. but what i really want to know is if there are drugs that would cure my obscene case of homework....hmmm]

I'm pretending that the doctor perscribed: a long phone conversation while I was snuggling with a bunch of pillows under my down comforter, making real food for dinner at Talitha's, not very much homework, watching Lost with the girls, a long hot shower, and then early bedtime.

Soon, I am going to post something for Josh to comment on. [preposition, i know. but it sounds stupid if i write it any other way] It has been bugging me for a while, and I want to hear some opinions from various genius people. But not tonight...

1 comment:

Michael said...

BETSY HAS A BLOG?!!! WHAT IS IT?!