Monday, February 21, 2005

all that jazz...

[previously, in a hallway of the Sage Center for the Performing Arts]

As I'm sitting outside of the Black Box [theatre] tonight, relaxing, the cheerful strains of the Big Band Jazz fill me with inspiration.

I'm probably too relaxed. I haven't really studied Greek all weekend, and right now I'm writing a blogpost instead of studying or memorizing my lines. We go off-book tonight, but I think I'll do okay. It's a "relaxed off-book run-through," which basically means that James won't kill us if we don't remember everything. [at least, not tonight. the killing-if-you-keep-forgetting-lines rehersals start tomorrow. whoop]

Anyway, I'm loving the sounds of the swing club practicing in the room behind me. *happy sigh* Swing music is so awesome. I could just sit at a table in a classy restaurant and listen to it forever. [more champagne, daahhhhling?] And someday I am going to dress up and play Audrey Hepburn and be the most beautiful, collected, irresistable lady ever and go to a classy restaurant and listen to jazz and wait for Cary Grant to show up. [they do still make those kinds of restaurant, right?]

I love the expressive artistry of Jazz. I love how it showcases collective, yet individual, talent. Talk about some boys with serious skills... I could draw some kind of cheesy life-metaphor from this combination of artistic freedom and unity, but I'll spare you...

Yeah. I like Jazz.
[i also think i really like random french pop music]

I also like fresh snow. Some disagree, but I think Hillsdale is at it's physical best when lightly covered with a couple of inches. There's also the do-something-new-that-nobody-has-ever-done-in-this-spot-before element [garden state. sigh] in the snow. I walked across the Waterman law on the way here, trailing behind me the first set of footprints. Ever. [later, when i got home, i saw that other people had followed my lead. ha! i thought, they only did that because i did it first.] I like the simple things. [french pop is not simple, but i like it anyway]

Goodnight, moon. Goodnight, mouse. Goodnight, house.

Goodnight, frog.
goodnight, blog.

2 comments:

Aine said...

"Bebop bebop!"

Emma Rose said...

as to 'restuarants like that' -- set aside a little money and when you come home, and when allie comes home, and if i ever get out of school... we will go dazzle them up on the 30th floor of that one building here in Portland where the view is still the best and the desserts are still expensive and the live music is still jazz and where you still have to dress up to get in the door. :)