Wednesday, February 16, 2005

the art in me...

I have the most amazing Bible study [leader] ever.

I love learning more about my precious Jesus with those girls. I love our theological tangents and meetings that last too long. I love worship and being quiet. I love real prayers. I love honest faces.

I love that Artist stops in the middle of a sentence and says, 'don't move! the lighting is perfect.' and gets her camera. [apparently, the right lighting makes even me photogenic]

in your picture book i'm trying hard to see
turning endless pages of this tragedy
sculpting every move you compose a symphony
you plead to everyone, see the art in me

Lord, teach me to see the art in people. To love them like You love them.

I've been reading Isaiah and the salvation and love in chapter 59 stood out to me yesterday: without a personal relationship with Jesus, we are in a hopeless state.

Therefore justice is far from us,
Nor does righteousness overtake us;
We look for light, but there is darkness!
For brightness, but we walk in blackness! (9)

We look for justice , but there is none;
For salvation, but it is far from us.
For our transgressions are multiplied before You. (11-12)

But, it doesn't end there! We are not left in a hopeless state!

Then the Lord saw it and
it displeased Him that there was no justice.
He saw that there was no man... no intercessor;
Therefore His own arm bought salvation (15-16)

One main element of Jesus' life on earth was His compassion. He knows that we are in a helpless state, full of pride and disobedience and blind to His ways, and so He Himself brought redemption. No other thing could restore us to Him. This is how much He loves.

oh Lord, i give you all i have
but it seems so little
when you have given me so much
oh Lord, your love is new every morning
Your faithfulness gets me through the night

Overwhelmed at the glory of His grace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M-Lee! I'm so honoured...you're very kind to me :) it's such a pleasure studying the Bible with you. I love hearing your thoughts (both in person and on your blog ;)

xoxox. (luv, t)

ps. please can i take another picture of you, because i'm afraid the shutter speed was too slow on that one...