Saturday, March 12, 2005

because of you...

This world is so big and wonderful. Sometimes it makes me sad that I won't be able to experience more of it. I know that the New Heaven and New Earth that I will experience someday will be infinitely greater and more wonderful, but that doesn't keep me from wanting to live and enjoy this short life as much as possible.

I find consolation in the friendship of all of you. Because of friends, I can live deeper. I can feel more, see more, and love more. I'll get to take in a little bit more because you have let me share in your life.

I have traveled the world:
I've visited the tropical islands with Kates. [i want pictures, dear. and i'm sorry you got sick...but did you meet any hot island doctors? *wink*]
I've been to the Olympics and raced around swamps with the Winkster.

I toured Sweden with Hanna and suffered through Excel with Billy.
I'm seeing Europe in a beautiful new way with Millicent.

I've flown to Japan and fallen in love with the Guatemalan people because of Estherina.
I'm enjoying the eccentricites and arts of downtown Portland with Rosie [and others].
I'll be surfing with Allison in sunny California this weekend [oooooh, surfers!].
I'm sharing in the joys and excitement of new life because of Steph, Larissa, and Kimmy.
This summer, I'm falling in love with New York City in the company of Rach.


Who knows where I'll be in five more years!

As much as I wish I could be with all of you all the time, as much as I growl at the miles that seperate our daily lives, through our unique experiences we live all the more.

So, my dear friends, thank you for living your lives. And for changing mine.

No comments: