Monday, March 28, 2005

greatness...

Things that make Spring Break great:

*Hannah qualifying for Nationals in Duo
*Abbie winning HI again
*Chinese food and sushi
*Salad Rolls
*Sleep
*Starbucks and Torre
*Friendly baristas
*Walking in the rain
*Morning runs in my neighborhood
*Friendly cell phone chats
*Waking up every morning in my own bed
*My dog and cat
*Visiting friends
*Church
*Sleep
*Laughing at old jokes with my family
*Playing Apples to Apples
*Fireplace fires
*Clean teeth
*Rain and poetry
*Reading fun books
*Ignoring homework for far too long
*The Incredibles
*A new v-neck sweater
*Wandering
*[Did I mention sleep?]
*The skyline
*Pioneer Square
*Memories
*Cooking and eating
*Homemade ice cream
*Planning baby names with the Garveys
*A new haircut [and sweet mod bangs]
*Easter egg hunts
*Cousins
*Homemade soup
*Scrapbooking
*Realizing I'll be back here again in just seven weeks. For the entire Summer.

round and round
carousel has got you under its spell
moving so fast
but going nowhere
up and down
ferris wheel tell me how does it feel
to be so high

farewell once again, sweet portland.
i'm happy leaving, knowing that i'll soon return.

3 comments:

Gretchen Louise said...

It's TP OR but it sure doesn't seem the same without you and Steph here! ;)

You're missed...

Anonymous said...

Pho, Emily. I see NOTHING about pho!

emelina said...

all "good food" was lumped together in a single category. or, if you prefer, it can go under "home-made soup"
I can't write everything down...