Thursday, March 03, 2005

seeing stars...

Sometimes I have to halt this frantic pace and just wonder at the amazing love of Jesus. Do you ever look back at the you of last week, last month, and especially last year, and just sit in awe?

Exactly a year ago, I was in a strange wasteland called Oklahoma for two weeks. I look back at the joys, sorrows, challenges, and many lessons of those two weeks with a mixtre of feelings. I remember all the highs: playing airsoft, making music videos and a cowboy short, touring OKC and going out to eat, and getting to know some of my Favorites better. I also remember the lows: stress, conviction, mistakes, accusations, confrontations, and painful realizations of my lack of faith and maturity.

I am amazed to see that Emelina. Could that I have really been the me of a year ago? So much has changed, but I still have so many lessons to learn. Still, when I look in the mirror today, I'm not any different, but Jesus has changed my heart so much.

the way is dark, the road is steep
but He's become my eyes to see
the strength to climb, my griefs to bear
the Savior lives inside me there

Life is suppose to get better, stronger, deeper. One reason the hard times are given to us is so we can enjoy the sweet times so much more. I'm so thankful that this March, though it has its share of crazy, is so much better than the March of 2004.

The Oklahomas of life are a gift. Get through them, learn from them, look back on them, and then turn to face the next one with joy.

[[gasp, my baby sister is 11 today! i remember the morning that bets woke me up to tell me that as of 7:58 am, i had a new sister. i remember slowly doing my chores that morning, because mom wasn't there to tell me to stop being lazy, and listening to dad's message on the answering machine, revealing the mystical name of my new sweet baby sister: AmyGrace Evangeline. doesn't that sound like a song? and she's just as beautiful and special at eleven as she was then...]]

No comments: