Tuesday, March 29, 2005

in mci...

[yesterday, in kansas city]

How ironic is it that the most sun-soaking I did on my spring break happened in...Missouri?

Because of a poorly planned airport security setting, Bets, Margaret, and I were free to roam outside on our two hour layover. We promptly found a patch of grass and sprawled. It didn't matter that the patch of grass was rather brown and pokey, or that it backed a tall cement block fence hiding large chemical canisters and a runway.

ooooh, life's so sweet
sitting right here
in the passenger seat

The sun was shining, soaking through my old, too-big jeans and Hillsdale hoody [travel essentials]. A soft breeze kept that delicate balance of sunny, but not sweaty. I turned on Mindy Smith, and used my red backpack as a pillow. I shut my eyes, smiling up at the sun and blocking out the funny looks from the passersby.

Leaving home was as hard as ever, but now, halfway to the Hillsdale place, I'm excited and anxious to get there.

When I'm in Portland, I never want to leave; there's no place like home.
But there's also no better place than knowing you're right where God wants you.


all shook up like a quarter in a can
ain't life sweet?
sweet right here.

No comments: