Saturday, August 12, 2006

beachery...

Last Tuesday, I did something scandalous and told my work that I had a sudden and unavoidable commitment which had to be done before I left for Michigan, and had to be done that day. It was absolutely true. And that commitment was going to the beach - the one last thing on my summer 2006 to-do list. I had given up hope of checking it off, until...Andrew and I cruised to Nickel Creek the whole way down. He has a really sweet sound system. And he also has a habit of rewinding the tracks to point out of nerdy musical things.We met Rose and her brother Jamey and ate clam chowder. Except Rose didn't. And the bread bowl wasn't toasted. It made me want Dj's.
Rose wore a hat. I think I was the only one who didn't wear that hat some time during the day. It wouldn't fit over my ponytail. We had fun posing, anyway. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emma Rose said...

You did so wear the hat! You tried it on! You just didn't let us take a picture, so there's no documentation, so you FEEL like you didn't, because you can't see that you did. But I? Well. I remember. So there.

emelina said...

Rose, you are too detailed. And you have a memory like an Andr...elephant. I did wear the hat for about two seconds, when I decided that it was not worth the effort of taking down my ponytail.
I stand corrected.

Emma Rose said...

... I think you meant "umbrella."