Thursday, August 10, 2006

dear co-worker...

Hey M****,

I found out more information on my "Comma Shaped" Jade necklace, if you want to check it out. My sister says that they actually call it that over there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogok

I love wikipedia. I could follow links and rabbit trails all day.

Thanks for being the cool person at the office this summer. It wasn't exactly my dream job and I was pretty frustrated and introverted because of it. Thank you for taking an interest in me, bringing me WWeeks and chocolate, and talking to me about my weekends. I'm sorry we didn't get to talk more. It has to be more than coincidence that we share a birthday.

It also has to be more than coincidence that, while I'm pretty sure it could be scientifically proven that it is impossible to find a pair of jeans that fit me, you handed me a nice pair that happen to look great.

I am really excited about your artwork and I wish you the very best of luck. I will come to your gallery opening. :)

Please, please keep in touch! I miss Portlandish things when I'm in Michigan. It's very good for me to live different parts of America and realize how lucky I am to call Portland my hometown. There, my cultural experience is limited to a college library, the bowling alley, and midnight Wal-Mart runs in my pajamas. I have amazing friends, which makes up for so much, but some days I just want a rainy day at Powell's and some food that doesn't require ketchup.

I hope your Elvis Costello-ing was amazing!

Emily

No comments: