Tuesday, August 29, 2006

living in tehran...

Reading Lolita in Tehran really opened up my eyes to some of the ways the Islamic world works. How interesting that this article was one of the headlines on my news home page. I think I will pay more attention to the sufferings of women worldwide because of this book.

I am so glad that I am a modern American girl who doesn't have to be afraid of what she wears [although there are days i just want to pull some of my little freshmen aside and have a talk with them] or what she studies. I am glad that I go to a college which pioneered non-home-ec degrees for women.

And speaking of studying...

2 comments:

Josh said...

ooo... fun. Allison said you should use your GPS to track down a cute boy. Some geocaches would be easier and more fun probably. Good luck.

Janice said...

you shall have to tell me about this movieworthy summer. i'm a sucker for a good story, so seriously, tell me. make it a really long comment or something.

scarlett johansson? i'll see what i can do. i was actually thinking michelle monaghan if she was shorter or kirsten dunst if we dyed her hair brown. or jenna dewan if she had dimples....oh well, i guess you'll just have to play yourself. but i'll call scarlett, see if she's interested.