Monday, February 19, 2007

promises...

I almost never write about the things I promise to discuss. You can nearly be sure that if I mention something offhandedly in one post and my desire to expand on this issue, I will never discuss it again. Usually it's because I get distracted; I still think about it, but rarely find myself discovering large pockets of time to organize my thoughts [i think, therefore i blog?].

I do have thoughts on Regionalism [and a defense of my ever growing midwest accent] and Globalization [and thoughts about ease of travel and evangelism]. Maybe if I mention these topics twice, I'll be able to psych myself up to discuss? [hey, remember that time when i was more excited about interstate commerce that nearly anything else?]

hey, remember that time when
i would only read shakespeare?
hey, remember that time when
i would only read the backs of cereal boxes?
[regina spektor]

Of course, the only thing that I do want to discuss this morning is the extremely important subject I was considering [and finally conquered with incredible logical prowess] right before I fell asleep. Whatever it was.

No comments: