Tuesday, October 25, 2005

reform...

Only one midterm, a principle parts test, and three classes stand between me and fall break. I'm a girl anxious to get started on that mission of...relaxation [course, two more midterms follow directly behind, so we'll see how far that actually lasts].

Anything you want me to pick up from our national power's residence? Sorry, no, I don't think I'm going to risk those "W" towels.

In other news, I hereby declare this break as a time for reform. Not that stress isn't a legitimate reason for relaxing my language standards, but it's also not a good option for my general well-being. So, I'm cleaning up. [some] Not because language = hellbound, but just to prove to myself that a lady doesn't need to speak some things.

I'd also like to get a cure for all those other bad habits I've picked up lately: homework, late nights, napping too long, frowns, midterms, crying excessively, stress, skipping meals, being anti-social, only blogging to complain, not reading cool books, lack of photography, homesickness, being paranoid, worrying, complaining more, hilighting instead of underlining...

You know. All the really horrible vices.

I'll come back from Washington DC [sunday] a new woman [with pictures].

4 comments:

Michael said...

Here is to resolutions:

May our thoughts be more then mere thoughts, powered by diligence, undergirded with steadfastness and graced with initiative. And may we wake in the morning with the thought "transformation is but one more step away."

Gretchen Louise said...

Tell that tall handsome redhead hi from me, and take lots of pictures of him for me, please. :)

Hope your weekend is relaxing and refreshing in every way!

Janice said...

the ye olde cuss words one reminds me of my digital imaging teacher in high school. she had this poster up in the room on which were listed "acceptable alternatives to profanity." like boy howdy, horsefeathers, dagnabbit, dadblame it, etc. they made me laugh every time.

Josh said...

I <3 pessimists. I bet that chicked died when he actually did drink that half-full glass of arsenic milk.

Have a lovely break, read (some Wodehouse cause it will cheer you up) and picturate (that means to create pictures. create + pictures = picturate. plus it rhymes... sorta).