Monday, August 30, 2004

my new love...

Arboratum. noun. A place where an extensive variety of woody plants are cultivated for scientific, educational, and ornamental purposes.

The Arb. noun. My favorite place. Just outside the back door and through the gate. Complete with gazebo, pond, trees, forest, paths, not paths, leaves, benches, animals, flowers, etc. Incredibly peaceful and serene. Like stepping into another world.

For those of you who've seen The Village, it's somewhat like that. Like stepping back in time. This blanket of peaceful 'silence' (the noise of crickets and frogs is almost deafening) envelops you as soon as you walk through the gate.

I know that I'm going to spend many a lovely hours there. I already have taken several walks. Being in the Arb is very quieting. It's a good place to sit and think. I recommend it when you just need to get out of your room, talk to God, or vent.

It's already sort of a security blanket, like my sunglasses and beanies.

I hope you'll come walking with me sometime.

If I'm happy or sad...I'm in the Arb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*is jealous* I want a place like that! I get to go camping next week, so I guess that will help my nature-deprivation. *sigh* Sounds really nice.

Erin