Friday, January 28, 2005

creature of habit...

I did something dramatic. [not causing drama. not even participating in theatre drama. well, i did do that, and i was late for rehersal on thursday, too, but that's not the event to which i am referring]

I changed my AIM buddy icon.

Yes, I know. Scoff. Say 'ha' and stop reading if you want. But I do actually have a point. [i think]

I was thinking about how much of my life is exactly the same. I'm very much a creature of habits.

I always order the same drinks from Starbucks. [first one to get either of my two usual orders correct gets a flipping awesome sweet prize] I put my contacts in my eyes in the same order every morning. I sleep in the same curled up position every night. [after i ritually toss and turn in a specific pattern. i just recently noticed that i always do the same things as i'm falling asleep. it's almost scary]

So, why is it that I have a year-old picture in my blogger profile? [someone said that the pictures you like the most and give to people show who you wish you were, how you want to be seen. i'd have to admit that that angelic-in-pink girl in the picture is not the usual emelina. and definitely not in the mornings] Why is changing from Eowyn to Deb such a big deal in my life? [i'm actually probably going to switch back. we'll see]

What does it all mean?

I think God created us to be creatures of habit. He is orderly and precise God, never changing, and I believe that part of the order that He is has been expressed in us. If it wasn't for the problem of sin, we would habitually worship Him.

Is there a pattern of Jesus in your life? Do you consistantly spend time with Him and adore Him? The beautiful thing about Jesus is that, while He is constant, He never becomes mundane, as most habits do. In pursuing Him, and Him alone, there is ever increasing joy! His character is so immense, His presence and Being so uncomparable that one never has to fear losing interest in the Prize.

Are you, Creature of Habit, forever loving your Creator more?

the only thing that isn't meaningless to me
is Jesus Christ and the way He set me free

2 comments:

Mister Woodles said...

I know this is completely unrelated to anything in your post, but speaking of Scarlett Johanneson (sp?) "In Good Company" is a really good movie. Or maybe I just related to it, being an advertising major, and having a baby on the way in my family... or maybe it really is good. I dunno. Watch it and decide for yourself.

Aine said...

I'm actually going to reply to the post. :-P

Habit? Habit? I change icons and formats as often as I change socks. What is this word 'habit'? Do you mean that law that states I'm incapable of writing a story without a character that looks like me?

Yeah - and, personal opinion, I think it is time you gave ol' Eowyn a rest. But I wouldn't worry much about the year-old pic in the profile. Some of us can't even find a picture of ourselves taken in the past year. And thus post pics of cute fuzzy animals. Ahem.