Thursday, July 29, 2004

concert news

Speechless.
 
Because I lost my voice from screaming so much. (surprised? you shouldn't be. I don't go to many concerts, so darn it, I'm gonna have a good time.)
 
It was a standing concert, and we were perfectly positioned, thanks to my genius and shoving ability. Middle of the stage, with only 2 rows of people standing in front of us. You get 1st row and you have to look up the whole time. We could see everything really close with out neck pain. Good stuff, ay?
 
We were really rocking tonight. It took a few songs to really get into it, but if you get the chance to go see Mutual Admiration Society (Nickel Creek, Glen Phillips, with a Led Zepplin bassist and Elvis Costello drummer), it's worth every penny. Perfectly smashing combination. Enough rock and enough bluegrass to please everyone, yet it avoids being a 'this song is bluegrass, that one is rock' thing. It just blends. Bets and I had a good time. Sean is still amazingly good looking, and Sara told a really funny story about getting onto the Eric Clapton bus instead of the MAS bus by accident. Chris is a funny as ever to watch, and he played off the new people very well. (note to self: dance more in your room so you don't feel so stupid doing it in public.)
 
Meeting Steph and Skunk for coffee and a drive tomorrow morning, and I'll be gone all day.
 
Should I get the Spiderman 2 soundtrack? or derek webb? or something else?
 
Oh, and Anna copied me by posting a 'happy/good things list.' I'll make her an optimist yet.
 
word of the day: intrepid

2 comments:

Aine said...

I did not copy you. *I* posted a list first, and you copied and expanded on *my* idea. I then posted a subsequent list.

I just don't post lists of everything all at the same time. I split things up. I can't think on multiple themes simultaneously.

Don't make me beat you into the ground with a stapler.

Anonymous said...

I have the Spider-man 2 sound track. ;) Come and get it... Well... bring a CD and come and get it.

~Erin