Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Episodes at the Cas vol 3...

Talk about cultural differences!
 
It seems that since I started writing my 'adventures at work' online, something new and laughable happens all the time.
 
Yesterday, this aincent little Chinese woman tried to barter with me over a dress! (Sorry, lady, the Italian Mafia sets the prices here. I'd give it to you for $40, but they'd send me to Angelo. or Spike.) 'Too expensive,' she says about six times. When paying for the dress, she hands me $55 and looks around to make sure no one is watching, then says 'that's enough' in a whisper. I'm trying so hard to keep from laughing, and I tell her that I need $5 more. She grabs a pair of $3 markdown earrings and says 'dress to expensive. i buy, you give me.' No, again, sorry, but the earrings are only $3. Finally she buys the dress (after telling me that I gave her the wrong change) and then announces 'too expensive. i probably return tomorrow.'
 
In other news, I also attempted to convince my married with kids co-worker not to flirt with other married people. Everybody that I work with has such messed up lives. Nobody is married to their kid's dads, they sleep around, their kids are unmarried and have kids, one lady is having her MOM raise her kids so she doesn't have to be responsible for her kids and live in bf (oh, wait, they actually did get married recently. wonder how long that will last.) *sigh* Even the CHRISTIAN lady has been divorced and is dating again (but I guess that was before she became a Christian.) At least she's pursuing God now, and is very open about it at work. That's a big encouragment. I almost started crying at work yesterday, my heart was so broken over these peoples' awful, godless lives. Pray all the harder, I guess.
 
Sara might be coming over to dinner tonight! Pray that she does, and that my family can witness to her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have asked her to throw in some sweet and spicy dried fish, or some cat jerkey. (whoo! that sounded racist... but really, the fish are good)

~Erin