Saturday, July 24, 2004

episodes at the Cas...vol 2

I just love how people seem to think that *I* control prices at work. I mean, it's incredibly flattering that I seem to radiate that level of importance to people, but sometimes it is slightly disturbing.
 
true story
This evening, a lady walks up to me, holding a shirt that I know for a fact was marked down two days ago. It hangs on a rack with many other shirts, the sign above reading '$9.99 and up.' She sneers slightly at me (not only am I a clothing rack, I'm a hideous monster!) and asks 'how much is this? It's on the $9.99 and up rack.' ('very observant, this female of advanced age,' I says to myself) 'everything is priced as marked, so...'
I check the tag. I even check a couple of other shirts of the same style, just to make sure it's not marked wrong.
'yep. It's $29.99.' I smile. Convincingly.
She raises her nose at me, and (i'm not joking) snorts. For real.
'Still? It's been $29.99 for a long time,' and she flounced out of the door.
 
probably true
Everyone should know that the prices are actually controlled by the Italian Mafia, who own Casual Corner Group, Inc. They send us e-mail a couple of times a month with the markdowns and promotions.
 
They probably wouldn't like all their secrets getting out, but since only 2 people read this blog, I should be okay.
 
Just don't tell the media.

No comments: