Saturday, July 17, 2004

a quest for a name...

While questing for the highly elusive 'perfectly descriptive, yet creative name for my blog,' I plugged many a 'word that I wish described me' into the depths of dictionary.com's master thesaurus.
 
Artisitic - blah blah blah, so it's not really me, but I'd like to be
Creative - occasionally, but as of late I have been strongly lacking in inspiration (as can be seen by the plethora of half paragraphs scrawled lazily in my notebook)
Elegant - darn it, the registrar didn't give me a ballet class for fall semester
Rare - okay, so I'd like to think that I'm pretty unique, and a few of the synonyms were actually promising, especially...
 
Recherche - uncommon, rare, exquisite, choice. Sought out with care - hence, of rare quality, elegance, or attractiveness. (of course, it also implies overrefined, forced, pretentious and overblown, but hey, nobody's perfect.)
 
unfortunately, someone else had plagiarized my idea for this beautiful word! *shock* Darn people. However, in true English major form, the word was altered just enough to get the url. 
 
Now, if I could just learn how to pronounce it...





No comments: