Friday, December 03, 2004

exceeding expectations...

You MUST buy the new Alison.

It is amazing. It will exceed even the high expectations that one naturally has for the goddess of bluegrass and her excellent band.

excerpts from the new favorite: [old favorite]

Gravity
and the people who love me
still ask me
when are you coming
back to town
and i answer, quite frankly
when they stop building roads
and all God needs is gravity
to hold me down

Rain Please Go Away
it's tough to live the whole day through
thinking of her is all i do
she's happy now and i'm so blue
rain, she's cold like you

Crazy as Me
just don't ask me for the truth
if you choose to lie, honey
and don't try to open my door
with your skeleton key
some folks seem to think
i've only got one problem
i can't find nobody as crazy as me

Poor Old Heart
i don't know that i will ever trust again
it's the price that i must pay for all my sins
time has changed me
and left me full of doubt
and my heart may be lost
never to be found

If I Didn't Know Any Better
your heart is pulling
if i didn't know any better
it'd be falling deeper and
deeper it's true
i'd hear it calling
if i didn't know any better
and i'd be in love with you

A Living Prayer
in this world i walk alone
with no place to call my home
but there's One who holds my hand
on the rocky road through barren lands
in Your love i find release
a haven from my unbelief
take my life and let me be
a living prayer my God to Thee


*blissful sigh* and it's snowing again...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Doh - I got all excited when i saw the first line of your post and thought you were talking about me. lol. well happy cd's. hehe. hey speaking of, have you heard of the david crowder band? check 'em out. (k)