Friday, December 31, 2004

a year in review...

Probably the best word I could think of to describe 2004 is
.flying.

I'm not just talking about the multitude of travel time that I had this year, though there was plenty of that. I recieved and stretched my wings in so many different ways. I soared and I crash landed a couple of times. I am so happy to be finally back in my home hanger, but it was truly a wonderful experience and a wonderful year, full of God's mercy and grace.

January: The year arrived in snowstorm, extending a new year's party [snowed in at mili's with fun snow pictures. squeal] and almost preventing the escape to Georgia and the beginning of my six month internship for TeenPact. Two weeks of training and meeting/re-aquainting with The Twelve. [cranium and singing] Home and two glorious weeks in Colorado. [snowflakes and one percenters]

February: Though getting home took slightly longer than anticipated, I arrived briefly before a mostly spontaneous trip to San Diego for a debate tournament and visit with Grandma. [thrift stores are fun] Home briefly before an emotional leaving for Oklahoma.

March: Began with two not so glorious, though definitely memorable and stretching, weeks in Oklahoma.[starbucks and air-soft wars] Home for a whole eight days before back to back Washington [cherry trees and no pins] and Oregon [nw and the south] classes. Spent a day at a speech tourney and watched my sister qualify for nationals!

April: Finished up the Oregon class with a great joke and had a long break [ten whole days] at home. Flying to Georgia to see the Kates [stone mountain and matching skirts] and then a drive to Tennessee [boyscouts and elevators] with the Glasman. A memorable drive back to Georgia ['shortcuts' and narnia adventures] got us back in time to fly to Ohio [geberts and alice]

May: I learned on the last day of the event that Ohio was indeed to be my final class. Bittersweet. I flew home. But of course, not for long, as nine days later I was adventuring using saved miles to Arizona to visit the breathtakingly beautiful Michelle B. We pooled, dined, and shopped our way through the hot Phoenix sun. After five days, I was free to work like mad until the beginning of...

June: The trip of a Lifetime. The glorious madness begun... Fly to Alabama for days with Anna. Meet Steph and JohnDavid [get lost] in Georgia. Drive to South Carolina and Garrison. Drive to Virginia and surprise appearance at NCFCA Nationals to judge and support. [watched the Rainmakers sweep] Drive to Richmond and play with good friends. [hours playing 'hoopala' in starbucks and philosophy on the james] Long drive through North Carolina [bikers and hearts on the mountain roads] the best conversations [triscuits, but no cheese] and finally pizza back in Gainsville. Drive to Auburn [goodbye to johndavid for a while] and five days of pool relaxation at the Isaacson's resort-like home. [horses, a pool, cable, our own apartment, cute kids, sunshine, and kittens] Steph and Em ride with Dani, Lily,and Jenna down to D's house in Tampa-ish. Exchange Jenna for Allie. Spend the greatest girl week-long slumber party ever. [north beach diet, airboating, alligators and carb-free sunscreen] Trek to the Lake House in Marianna for a night [minnow and are we there yet] and then to Jefferson, Georgia for pre-National Convention work and Intern Debrief. Week of TeenPact National Convention. Too many goodbyes. Stuck in Atlanta for extra hours [what is art?] and a long flight home with Steph and Will. The end of an era.

July: Work and reality. A too-short visit from Rach. Unexpected drive with the family to San Diego to celebrate the life of my great grandmother. [98 and finally home] Back to work. A lot of scrapbooking. The beginning of the blog. I turned 19 and went to a Nickel Creek Show. More work.

August: The Skunk arrives from Georgia!! It was The Last Hurrah, the Trip of A Lifetime Extended Edition. Filmed The Candidates' New Groove. Work. Packing up my life into boxes. Saying goodbye. Leaving home and moving to Michigan to attend Hillsdale College.

September: School. Mostly studying. And working a little. And being at school. I think I went home with Jessica once.

October: School. Mostly studying Greek. And working. And staying in Hillsdale. Nickel Creek show at MSU. [they play better in a club in portland] I bought a cute skirt on a suitetrip to Jackson.

November: School. [i could say that something exciting happened, but it would probably be a lie] I went home with Jessica twice and bought my bridesmaid dress for Steph's wedding. I got to go to San Diego for eight glorious sunny days over Thanksgiving! And then I had to go back to school and study.

December: School. Tests. Dance. New job. Mad finals study. Christmas Ball. Finals and essays. Home with K-ris and then a glorious flight to Portland. Work. Family. Friends. Christmas. Bridesmaid party. Working my last day on New Year's Eve. Family time...

Thank you, Lord, for the blessings of a wonderful year. May I be more faithful and see more of Your beauty and grace in 2005.

when you're soaring through the air
i'll be your solid ground
take every chance you dare
i'll still be there
when you come back down


.flying.


No comments: