Sunday, December 19, 2004

the secret of life...

is nothing at all. [okay, so maybe it is something]

I have sat down and prepared to type blogposts at least twice in the past three days, but they didn't happen. I have wanted to describe my journey home and my time thusfar, but the words have not existed. Finally, I came to the conclusion that they do not exist at all. The letters just are not able to be arranged in a suitable pattern to express my sights, sounds, and feelings.

So, knowning that my brain is not creative enough to display its thoughts, I shall simply give you some facts and a highly inadequate illustration.

*I arrived home at 11 on Wednesday night.
*There was a crowd of people waiting when i arrived at the airport. [okay, so they weren't all there for me...it was a popular night for HOFCC collegebum returns. but the point is, they were there]
*Got to see a very tired looking Glasman for 5 minutes or so.
*Slept for twelve hours, ten hours, and ten hours, respectively since arriving home.
*Have worked seven hours, six.five hours, and eight hours respectively.
*Got a raise from the Cas. Without asking verbally. [though, i'll admit, telepathically] I think that they really like me and I really like making $3 an hour more than I do in Hadmissions.
*Have the celly back! [same number. e-mail me if you lost it]
*Made hummus because I miss the best girl. And cookies because I miss a couple of other people.
*Am contemplating a re-decoration of my room. [there just isn't enough lotr stuff in here, han!]
*Have watched a lot of ee rotk extras. The H and I have a party every night to enjoy pieces. I have yet to sit down and watch the entire thing at once. I have discovered an even greater attachment for D. Monaghan than I thought I could possess. [sigh. it's so depressing to realize that one is another hopeless fangirl]
*Rach has graciously offered to choose my husband for me. [whew. that's a load off my mind]
*Knee problems have gotten worse and I'm going to see about going to the doctor over break. [apparently, the now-constant pain isn't normal for most people]
*First semester pictures have been developed. [wow, my hair used to be b.l.o.n.d.e. remind me never to do that again] I will attempt to scan. There are some pretty sweet pics.
*Weather is beautiful. [not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket] I don't even mind it not being rainy. I wore a t-shirt yesterday for a while.
*Been devouring Wodehouse and have decided that the perfect man exists in a tasteful combination of Bertie and Jeeves.
*Only have three more Christmas presents to purchase. [and i know what to get]
*Thinking of a new addition to the closet in the form of a hat to match my jacket. vote? [note: it looks ever so much classier in real life. but is it worth it?]

Being at home isn't what I expected. It's ever so much more wonderful. It's like I've woken up from a four month long nightmare. There were some interesting and beautiful moments of that dream, but everything is very...dreamlike. Sorry, cliche and cheesy, but that's honestly the only description that even comes close. I can vaguely recall some aspects, but even those that I have failed to block out of my consciousness are fading. The NW is worth years of therapy, kids.

To the H-dale crowd...I wish you could know me in Portland. I am, not to be vain, a much more likable, stable, beautiful person.

What do you know, it's past my bedtime...

home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice that you like us at home so much, I just like hearing all the love for me and your hometown all ...togetherness. The End