Monday, December 27, 2004

mildly upsetting reality...

It's so awesome to serve a God who is personally involved in our lives. I mean, it's so incomprehensible and amazing when you really attempt to ponder...

Every once in a while, I need my groove thrown off. I'm such a planner. It's a gift, but it can also be a distraction. I easily become dependent on the plans that I make. Sometimes, it requires a complete dissolve of said plans in order to remind me of The Vision.

My plans are not my own. I was faced today with several jolts to my little world. To put it Wodehouse, there were 'objectional happenings' in Emily's Monday. At first I was mildly distressed and upset [feeling sorry for myself] and then I remembered how much joy and excitement exists in complete surrender to Jesus.

I had been told that I would be working pretty much every day until I go back to school. I was informed today that, contrary to my manager's desires, a higher power had informed her that all classified 'holiday help' must forever exit on the 3rd. She could have used me, but a big corporation has no feelings. So apparently, my last day is Friday. There goes $300 that I really could have used next semester...but in its place is a[nother] opportunity to rely on God for my financial stability.

I have to admit, there is one thing I am [was] really looking forward to about going back to school. No matter how bad or spaz things got, I have [had] dance. Seriously, I love dancing. [Did I tell how I took a break in the middle of finals study and went to the studio and danced for an hour? Just me and the mirrors] I had a suspicion that this knee problem was going to hamper my dancing ability and I was right. I went to the doctor today, and apparently, including some tendon damage and muscle issues, my knee cap is misaligned. [that would be causing the grating bone sensation and constant pain. yeah] I have a bunch of therapy to do every day and dancing is pretty much out of the question. At least for a while. If the problem corrects itself through therapy, I might be able to dance again eventually. But not next semester. My expectations of such an answer didn't make it any easier to hear and I've been sad about it all day. However, I know that God is going to be faithful to provide other [better] activities for those hours every week.

As for the other disappointments, we'll just call them 'unspoken requests.' [gosh, i can't say that without thinking of mr. jack's jokes] There are several people that require much prayer. But, again, I am confident that despite our contrary efforts, God will work all things for the good of those who love Him. He is faithful to complete the good work that He began.

Looking around at our living room, still scattered with gifts, I am overwhelmed by blessings. My extended family is well [and mostly sane] and my Christmas was pretty darn good. It wasn't really about the loot at all this year. Just people and Jesus. [i feel like such an adult] The gifts keep on coming, too...a chocolate gator from Dandi arrived in the mail today. whoop!

Tomorrow I leave for the extended bachelorette party [all the chocolate and chick flicks you could ever want] with the Bride, Liz, and Heidi.

In just a week, seven of The Twelve will be together again! [The Five, we will miss you!]

how deep the Father's love for us
how vast beyond all measure
that He should give His only Son
to make a wretch His treasure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and i was doing okay until that last sentence (plus song lyrics)
i don't like being a part of The Five. i want us all to be The Twelve again.
*pout*
~kates